Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On open data from research experiments

Open data. In the spirit of my instalments on opening data on social networks (part one, two, and three), I've actively promoted some data I've gathered in the context of a paper published at W4A.

The raw data concerns an accessibility assessment of nearly 8000 Web pages, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. While this data is provided in CSV format, I'm currently working on making these type of assessments readily available as linked data, thus allowing (hopefully) more insightful discoveries of Web accessibility at large scales.

You can find the data, software, and associated publications list - side by side with some descriptive texts - in my PhD's work Web page. Use the data at your will, but do not forget to give credit where due :)